Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cheesecake Caramel Apples Recipe!

My sister, Sandy was sweet enough to share her recipe. Now everyone can enjoy "a little piece of heaven!"

2 Dozen Medium Granny Smith Apples
1 - 5lb. Box of Peter’s Caramel
1 - 5lb. Bag of Merckens White Chocolate
2 Boxes (crushed) Graham Crackers
Cheesecake Flavoring

Wash/dry and remove stem from apples. Insert wooden sticks into the apples. I usually tap the sticks with a rolling pin.

Slice caramel in 1 inch pieces and microwave in 30 second increments. Stir and repeat until you get the right consistency, not too thick or runny. Dip apples and place on wax paper. Let the caramel harden until it is easily removable from the paper then fold and mold the excess on the bottom. The best container for dipping for me is a 2 cup glass measuring cup.

Using the same cup, melt the chocolate in 30 second increments until smooth then add a few drops of the cheesecake flavoring. Dip the apples and let the excess run off a bit then immediately dip in graham crackers. Let sit for about 1 hour before packaging.

I purchase all of my supplies including the plastic bags at ABC Cakes located at 429 N. Tustin St., Orange, (714)633-2055. I buy my apples and graham crackers from Costco and remember there are 3 boxes of graham crackers in a container. You want to also have ribbon on hand for the finishing touch. For Christmas you can use ribbon and add an ornament or a mistletoe, so much you can do to make them look festive and beautiful!

I'm telling you, these are so YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment