Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas treats for the teachers...


 ...are done! Woohoo! :) I racked my brain for days trying to come up with a fun gift for the teachers at Christmas time. I considered painting an ornament, but decided against it because I knew that it would consume too much of my time. Painting 40 ornaments in the month of December...definitely not a good idea. I also considered making hand-dipped chocolate pretzel rods, but decided I'd save that idea for Valentine's day. So, to make my life a little bit easier during this holiday season, I finally opted to buy something rather than make something. I just had to find the perfect "something" that would fit my budget. On a whim, I drove to the nearest Harry & David store and there I sampled the yummiest Apple Butter. It was love at first bite!


However, 40 jars of Apple Butter at $5.50/each did NOT fit into my budget. After chit-chatting with the manager for a bit, she was extremely kind enough to offer me a SWEET discount as well as send me home with all the wrapping materials (bag, filler, ribbon and sticker) needed for each gift. I have to give the Fullerton Harry & David store a BIG shout out. The staff was unbelievably friendly and helpful. Awesome customer service!
So here are my Christmas treats for the teachers. A delicious jar of Apple Butter wrapped up all pretty with a handmade tag attached. HAPPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment