Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thanksgiving Turkey Finger Puppets!


Cute, eh? I'm making these for Hazel to pass out to her classmates for Thanksgiving. I really only need to make 30 of these, but my goal is to make at least 96. Why? Because the only place that I was able to find the exact candy sticks that I needed were sold in bulk. 96 candy sticks per case = 96 turkey finger puppets.
This idea came to me from dear ol' Martha's website. Easy to make, but somewhat time consuming. The cutting, gluing and hand-sewing for each turkey took me almost 15 minutes to make. 15 x 96 = I'm nuts! So far, I'm at 61 turkeys...ugh!


I stuffed each turkey with a yummy Root Beer Float Old-Fashioned Candy Stick. I tested them out on a few kids and they LOVE em'! A fun treat to pass out to your little friends at Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. really adorable! Great job!

    Judy@cutest-little-things.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment! :) This was a fun project...and the kids absolutely LOVED them!

    ReplyDelete